Monday, July 27, 2009

My Grandma's Blog


Sometimes I think about how cool it would be if my grandma had kept a blog from her youth. And my mom. To know them in this way, as they wanted the world to see them. The modern day version of the little journal, complete with lock and key, locked away from peeping eyes. Only now, not only do we not lock it away, we tweet it, we blog about it, we hope for it to go viral.

My grandma would laugh at the idea of sharing her innermost thoughts with the world. Maybe quite accurately she would ask, 'Who wants to know what I'm thinking about and doing?' My mom would have dug it. She was a connoisseur of people, like me.
Where do we keep our secret thoughts now?

1 comment:

  1. You are indeed a dilettante of people, Jessica. You dabble with a wide variety of personalities and that's your art.

    Your secret thoughts show up with those of us, your friends, who mirror them back to you.

    ReplyDelete